What Can We Do For You?
Professional learning means many things in today’s complex and changing environment. As a school leader, your demanding work requires that you take care of yourself and others while honing the skills you need to lead.
Navigating relationships, dealing with the challenges in COVID’s aftermath, and focusing on building school communities that are safe, equitable, and student-centered are all expectations that you face every day. Sometimes, you need more “how-to,” and other times, you might just need to connect with colleagues or even hear some inspiring stories that reconnect you with your “why.”
SAANYS is committed to offering professional learning that is focused on your ever-changing needs and personalized to meet the realities you face
As a SAANYS Member …
You have access to all of our professional learning options and many of them are free or at a nominal charge. Here are some examples of the kinds of statewide professional learning SAANYS offers:
- SAANYS CONNECTS – timely, frequent panels on important topics as they emerge. SAANYS members join other guests to discuss and share (member and nonmember pricing, virtual). View past sessions.
- SAANYS SPOTLIGHTS – a more in-depth look at a topic of interest featuring one guest presenter (member and nonmember pricing, virtual). View past sessions.
- REGIONAL PD EVENTS – created at the request of your regional representatives specifically to reflect your needs. Single session or multiple sessions on a topic of your choice. May include legal updates, negotiation workshops, or legislative updates presented by SAANYS attorneys and staff (free or minimal charge to members, virtual or in person).
- SUMMER SERIES – a three-part, skill-building series focused on a high-interest topic, facilitated by a leading ASCD author (member, non-member, and team pricing, virtual).
- COHORT SERIES – join a cohort of colleagues and meet each month over the course of a school year to learn and work together and receive ongoing support. SAANYS’ DEI cohort and Newer Leaders cohort are two recent examples (member, non-member, and
team pricing, virtual).
- MENTOR COACHING – individual or group mentor coaching options for school leaders at any stage of their career (virtual or in-person).
SAANYS Comes to You
Member to Member …
Here is a sampling of the types of topics SAANYS can offer to regions or districts. Many of these are presented by SAANYS member practitioners or SAANYS legal or government relations staff.
- Legal updates and negotiations workshops
- Situational simulations for school leaders
- Legislative updates
- Culturally responsive leadership: DEI
- Restorative circles and practices
- Student and adult mental health
- Leadership stories to inspire and learn from
- Activating student voice and agency
- Tips for better time management
- Common pitfalls to avoid as new leaders
- Facilitating difficult conversations
- Preventing teen suicide
- K-12 therapy dog program
- Rethinking MTSS in a post-COVID world
- Culture, climate, and student engagement
- Community schools
- The little district that did: accelerating reading growth
- Addressing chronic absenteeism
Contact Karen Bronson, SAANYS Director of Professional Learning, for more information about any professional learning programs or events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAANYS Annual Conference
An annual conference and trade show held each fall is SAANYS’ marquee event. Join us this October in Cooperstown! Learn more.
SAANYS is represented by 12 regions around the state and each of these regions often offers local programming and networking opportunities. To find out what’s happening in your region, visit the Regions page here. For regional leaders seeking to plan a regional event for their members, download this useful planning guide.