SAANYS has been represented on the NYSED Professional Learning Team by Karen Bronson, SAANYS director of professional development, and Regina Huffman, SAANYS President-elect.
As this work continues, NYSED has requested that we share all of the attached documents which have come from this committee.
- NYS Next Generation Learning Standards At a Glance
- NYS Next Generation Learning Standards Overview and FAQs
- NYSED Next Generation ELA and Mathematics Learning Standards Implementation Roadmap.
The timeline for this work is as follows:
- September 2017 - The NYS Next Generation Learning Standards were adopted
- Winter 2018 through Spring 2019 - Phase 1: Raising Awareness of NYS Next Generation Learning Standards
- Spring 2019 – Summer 2020 – Phase 2: Building Capacity for integration of the Next Generation ELA and Math Standards
- September 2020 – ongoing – Phase 3: Full Implementation of the NYS Next Generation Learning Standards.
- Spring 2021 – New grades 3-8 assessments measuring the NYS Next Generation Learning Standards. (Timeline for full implementation/assessment alignment at the high school level has not yet been determined.)
Information is also posted on the NYSED website under “Standards.” We hope this information is helpful to you. Please contact us at SAANYS with any questions.