The New York State Educational Conference Board (NYSECB) is a broad coalition of the state’s major education organizations uniting parents, teachers, school administrators, and school board members. SAANYS is a proud member of this coalition, working to enhance and improve the quality of education in New York State.
To read the latest ECB papers and position statements, visit: https://www.nysecb.org/
SAANYS Legislative Platform for the 2020 Session
• Increase state aid funding – $2.1 billion.
• Increase funding of student mental health needs.
• Support S.5205-a /A.7624-a – ensures an impartial and fair due process hearing for permanent employees retained under the Civil Service Law and who are the subject of disciplinary charges. In addition, this bill seeks to protect civil service employees from being suspended without pay during such process.
• Require that NYSTRS board membership include one building level administrator.
• Continue to advocate for increased salary cap for retirees.
• Increase funding for professional development.
• Carve out for districts from the three hours mandated leave for voting.