SAANYS Launches Group Mentor Coaching Pilot
Why group coaching?
Unlike individual mentoring, a Professional Growth Circle (PGC) has the benefit of the experience and support of colleagues in addition to that of the facilitator mentor coach. Sharing successes and problems of practice with colleagues from other districts and experiences provides both the guidance of the facilitator and the benefit of the group members who act as success partners to provide feedback, support, and encouragement to one another. The Circle goal is for each member to build his or her leadership capacity by identifying strengths and delving into concrete, day-to-day challenges that arise in the work setting. Skillful group mentor coaching taps into the combined talent and expertise of each individual for the benefit of all.
Bonnie Tryon and Mark Turner, two of our most seasoned and successful Mentor Coaches, will be leading two pilot groups:
• Capital District held at SAANYS Headquarters, 8 Airport Boulevard, Latham, NY 12110
• Rochester, tentative location Monroe 1 BOCES, 25 O’Connor Road, Fairport, NY 14450
The PGC will consist of seven meetings to occur February through August 2017:
• One 75 minute individual startup meeting with the facilitator to set goals
• Five 90 minute group meetings
• One 75 minute individual wrap-up meeting with the facilitator
Specific dates and times will be set by the mentor coach with the group members.
The mentor coach will be available to each attendee via phone and email between sessions.
For more information and to register, visit: https://saanys.org/event/professional-growth-circle-group-mentor-coaching/