The state senate has announced plans to hold a series of roundtable discussions across the state on Foundation Aid school funding and its allocation, culminating in a public hearing on December 3, 2019 in New York City.
“Every New York student, regardless of zip code or school district, deserves access to a high quality education,” Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins said in a release. “We need to have real discussions on how our public schools are funded and if this is the most effective way to ensure New York students receive the education they deserve.”
The forums will be held jointly by the senate’s education and budget and revenue committees.
Here is the schedule and locations of the round table discussions. Participation will be by invitation only.
- Hudson Valley — Oct. 16, Yonkers Riverfront Library, One Larkin Plaza, Community Room AB, Yonkers, from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
- Western New York — Oct. 18, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, 665 Elm St, Zebro Family Conference Room, Buffalo, from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
- Central New York — Oct. 29, Syracuse Center of Excellence, 727 E. Washington St, Room 203, Syracuse, from 1 p.m to 5 p.m.
- Long Island — Nov. 13, Seaford Middle School, 3940 Sunset Ave, Seaford, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- New York City — Nov. 19, Bayside High School, 3224 Corporal Kennedy St, Bayside, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.