New Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements

As stated on the SED website, beginning on July 1, 2016 individuals who hold a permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching or educational leadership (i.e., school building leader, school district leader, school district business leader) or a Level III teaching assistant certificate prior to July 1, 2016, must apply for initial registration during the 2016-2017 school year during his/her month of birth, and renew his/her registration in the last year of each subsequent five-year period thereafter.

NYSUT has developed an excellent fact sheet about the requirements, and we include that here.

Click here for the SED link for further information and registration instructions and guidance.

Please contact Jim Viola, SAANYS director of government relations, with any questions at