As school boards and districts continue their search for solutions to the increasingly apparent problem of students with mental-health-related challenges, NYSIR’s special 2020 symposium, Destigmatizing Mental Health – Best Practices for Creating a Comforting School Environment, offers education professionals the opportunity to hear from experts on strategies for creating socio-emotional learning; implementing restorative practices; preventing suicide; and preparing for training mandated by Erin’s Law.
Topics to be Discussed:
• Best practices for school mental health programs
• Choose Love – Social and emotional learning for students and educator
• Restorative practices in school communities
• Creating ‘suicide-safer’ schools: building social emotional wellness and resiliency
• A voice for the voiceless – Erin’s Law
• Innovative school mental health programs