Register before September 1 and receive 10 percent off!
ALL ASPECTS OF CYBERBULLYING, SOCIAL NETWORKING, AND SEXTING WILL BE EXPLORED.
After participating in this comprehensive workshop, educators will be able to:
- Identify popular online environments among elementary students, pre-adolescents, and adolescents today, and recognize various forms of cyberbullying;
- Understand the potential emotional, psychological, and behavioral consequences of cyberbullying;
- Identify how young people are using social networking websites and teach youth how to use social networking responsibly;
- Know how to respond to cyberbullying incidents and the extent to which school personnel can get involved in cases that involve electronic communication (on or off campus);
- Describe the current legal issues concerning bullying and cyberbullying, with an update on Dignity for All Students Act requirements;
- Know the necessary elements of a comprehensive school cyberbullying policy;
- Recognize warning signs and identify important strategies for preventing cyberbullying;
- And much, much more!
JUSTIN PATCHIN, PhD
Leading Researcher and Expert in Cyberbullying
KAREN SIRIS, EdD
Dignity Act Update for Dignity Act Coordinators
Deputy Bureau Chief, Nassau County District Attorney Office