“THE SAANYS TEAM … IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO TAKE OUR CALL AND ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON ON HAND TO ADDRESS OUR ISSUE OR CONCERN. THEIR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE HAS BEEN INVALUABLE TO OUR DISTRICT’S ADMINISTRATIVE TEAM.”
-DEER PARK ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATION
- SAANYS uses attorneys and experienced administrators together during negotiations – unparalleled legal support and the invaluable guidance of experienced Long Island school leaders.
- 5 Full-time attorneys, plus legal firms in Garden City & Islandia. SAANYS has worked with the teams at these reputable LI firms for over 12 and 20 years respectively.
- SAANYS is the only association with the resources and willingness to represent you in two major litigations: The NYSHIP contractual health insurance “buyout” issue and the attack on tenure and seniority rights by Campbell Brown and others. Who is fighting for you?
Nominate a Colleague for a Region 2 Award
Click here to download the awards nomination form.
This award recognizes any SAANYS member in Region 2 who has rendered exceptional service on behalf of education. Nominees may be any individual SAANYS member in within Region 2 affiliated with a district or BOCES.
• Any Region 2 SAANYS member may make a nomination.
• The nominee must be a member who has contributed outstanding support or service on behalf of education; supported, developed, or implemented innovative programs resulting in program improvements or improved student achievement.
• The nominator is responsible for submitting the following:
The SAANYS nomination form.
A three hundred word or less statement of rationale for the nomination.
A biographical sketch or vita of the nominee.
Any supplemental supportive material or endorsements.
The successful candidate is expected to attend the awards ceremony at the SAANYS Region 2 Annual Unit President’s Dinner on May 10th.
Congratulations 2016 SAANYS Award Winners!
SAANYS NYS Middle School Principal of the Year and NASSP NYS Principal of the Year
Dr. Donald Gately
Principal, Jericho Middle School
Jericho School District
Principal, Old Bethpage Elementary School
Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District
SAANYS Takes the Lead on APPR
SAANYS is providing members with a number of resources for navigating and negotiating the new APPR. Be sure to contact SAANYS with any questions or concerns about APPR and your negotiations – the SAANYS team of attorneys and experienced staff are up-to-date on what you need to know during this complex time.
The link below is to our SAANYS APPR §3012-D: NEGOTIATION RESOURCE PACKET. This document contains important information for consideration when entering contract negotiations. Units are encouraged to review, proceed with caution, and call SAANYS with any questions or concerns. Click here to download packet.